Thank you for your interest in River City Christian School (RCCS). The school's Admissions Process provides an opportunity for parents and prospective students to gain a fuller representation of RCCS, its academic program, campus, and faculty. The Admission Process also provides documentation to the RCCS Screening Committee who evaluate if RCCS is equipped to meet the prospective student's needs.
River City Christian School provides a Christ-centered learning environment educating students who learn differently, thus offering hope to their families.
RCCS educates students with the following learning differences:
Other Reading and Math Disorders
IQ of 75 or above
RCCS is not equipped, nor is its faculty or staff trained, to educate students who experience the following moderate to severe cognitive, emotional, behavioral, or physical disabilities:
Behavior Disorders or Behavior Issues
Bipolar Disorder/Mood Disorders
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Severe Cognitive Deficits
Severe Physical Disabilities
Students who have been expelled, placed in alternative school, or who have threatened school staff or other students.
- Telephone the Dean of Admissions at 210-384-0297 to schedule a Consultation Appointment.
- Click on Consultation Form link below; download, print, and complete the form. Bring the completed form to the Consultation Appointment along with a $25 Consultation Fee (nonrefundable).
- Provide documentation of psychological testing with diagnosis; grade cards, and any additional school reports.
- The school Admissions Screening Committee reviews prospective student's records and psychological/psychiatric evaluations to determine if enrollment at RCCS would be in the best interest of the student.
- After approval, parent completes the RCCS Enrollment Packet, provides Enrollment Documentation, and payment of all registration, book, and supply fees.
- Probationary Period - A sixty (60) school-day probationary period is in effect from the first day of the student's attendance. Students may be dismissed during this period if all enrollment forms, transcripts, and required records have not been received by the RCCS School Registrar within the 60-day probationary period. Students may also be dismissed during the 60-day probationary period if the Administration determines that RCCS is not equpped to meet the student's needs.
Kindergarten Admission Requirements - Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st and be developmentally ready for the program offered.Testing may be required to determine if student is classroom ready.
Tuition and Fees